If you are facing a “won’t’ printer black” issue with your Brother printer and looking to fix Brother printer ink problem, then this article will help you. When the Brother printer won’t print black and gives you blank pages, you must fix Brother printer ink problem. Before resolving the Brother printer issue, you must check the ink status on the printer’s LCD using the below steps.
- Switch on the Brother printer and press the menu button.
- From the printer’s control panel, go to the Ink option.
- After that, select and hit on Ink volume option.
- Lastly, press the OK button of the printer.
According to the ink level, you can take steps to fix Brother printer ink problem. You can use the below ways to fix Brother printer ink problem.
A new cartridge comes with protective tapes. You must remove the packaging tapes from the cartridge before you install the cartridge on your Brother printer. When you forget to remove any piece of packaging tape from the cartridge, it may be possible that it won’t print black. It may also happen that the Brother printer does not detect the ink cartridge. You have to fix Brother printer ink problem by removing the protective tapes from the cartridge. Once you remove the packaging tapes, you must reinstall your Brother printer’s cartridge.
When you do not work on the printer for a long time, the printer’s ink cartridge gets dried up. With dry ink, you won’t be able to print any color and face printer ink problems. To fix Brother printer ink problem, you have to switch on the printer and wait about 30 minutes before you start printing.
Step 3: Install a New Ink Cartridge to Your Brother Printer
When you have a faulty ink cartridge, it does not get detected by the printer. You need to install a new ink cartridge to fix Brother printer ink problem. Installing a new cartridge lets the printer discover the cartridge and print your documents. You can use the below steps to install a new cartridge to the Brother printer and fix Brother printer ink problem.
- Open the Brother printer’s front panel and lift the cartridge lock lever.
- Loosen the black ink cartridge and take it out of the Brother printer.
- Take the new cartridge and remove the packaging tapes.
- Insert the new cartridge into the black cartridge slot of the printer.
- Now, pull down the lever and lock the cartridge into the printer.
- Lastly, close the printer’s front cover and restart the Brother printer.
If the above steps do not fix Brother printer ink problem, try cleaning the printhead to resolve the issue. When the printer’s printhead gets jammed because of ink particles, the print won’t print black. You have to clean the Brother printer’s printhead to fix Brother printer ink problem.
- Turn on your Brother printer and press the menu button of your Brother printer.
- Scroll down to the ink section and press OK on the printer’s control panel.
- Go to the cleaning option by pressing the arrow buttons and again press OK.
- Select the Black Color option on your printer and then press the clean option.
Sometimes simply resetting helps fix Brother printer ink problem. You can use the below steps to reset the Brother printer.
- Firstly, turn on the printer using the Power button and proceed by pressing the printer’s menu button.
- Go to the printer’s setup option by pressing the arrow and OK buttons.
- Scroll down to select the Reset option and press the OK button on the printer.
- After that, choose to Reset the printer and press OK to continue.
- Click on Reboot to restart the printer and start to Reset.
- Lastly, click on OK to fix Brother printer ink problem.
You have understood how to fix Brother printer ink problem from the article. The Brother won’t print black when you do not clean the printhead because of the empty cartridge, dried ink, Etc. You can take the help of the steps of the particular issue to fix Brother printer ink problem.
Can a Brother printer’s empty cartridge cause a “won’t print black” issue?
Ans- An empty cartridge of your Brother printer does not allow printing and gives the black pages. To resolve this issue, you must replace the empty cartridge with the filled cartridge.
Can a clogged printhead nozzle create a problem of “won’t print black”?
Ans- Yes, a clogged printhead nozzle creates an issue with your printing. The nozzle gets clogged because of the dirt. You have to unclog the nozzle to resolve the printing problem of the Brother printer.
Can resetting the Brother printer help fix the printing issue?
Yes, you can reset the setting of your Brother printer to fix the printing issue. You can reset the printer from the printer’s control panel. Sometimes resetting resolves many printer problems and lets you print correctly.