When you use a Brother printer, and its storage capacity gets filled, you receive an error message on the printer’s screen saying “Out of Memory.” You get this message on your Brother printer when the memory capacity exceeds.
The “Out of Memory” message appears during different printer operations, such as copying, printing, and faxing. This message appears when you print or copy multiple documents from your personal computer.
You have to clear Brother printer memory message to restore your Brother printer tasks. Let’s understand how to clear Brother printer memory message while copying, printing, or the faxing operation is in progress.
When the copying task is in progress, you can follow the below steps to clear Brother printer memory error.
- While scanning the first page of multi-page documents, press the Exit/Stop button to cancel the scanning operation.
- Now, press “Black Start” for mono copying or the “Color Start” button for color copying for scanning successive pages of the multi-page document. It allows copying of the pages that have been scanned until now. You can also press the Exit/Stop button to cancel the copy operation.
- Once you clear Brother printer memory message, wait till the copy operations that are in progress finish. Also, try clearing the faxes from your Brother printer’s memory.
You can also get the memory errors while the printing operation is in progress. The below steps help you to clear Brother printer memory error.
- To clear Brother printer memory message, press the JOB CANCEL button to remove the printing jobs.
- After you clear Brother printer memory error, try lowering the print resolution in your Brother printer driver. You must know how to set the print resolution on your Windows or Mac OS. Also, try clearing the faxes from your Brother printer’s memory.
- To clear Brother printer memory message, press the Exit/Stop button to call off the scanning process while you scan the first page of a fax.
- While you scan the next page, press Black Start or the Color Start to send pages that are scanned so far. You can also press Stop/Exit to call off the faxing operation.
- Once you clear Brother printer memory message, you have to clear the faxes stored on the Brother printer’s memory. You have to print the stored faxes to remove them from the memory of your Brother printer.
- Press the Menu button on your Brother printer and choose the Fax option.
- After that, select the “Remote Fax Opt” option and then “Print Fax” or the “Print Document.”
- Press Color Start or the Black Start button to print the stored faxes.
- Once you finish printing, press the Exit/Stop button on your printer to clear Brother printer memory.
You have known all the required steps to clear Brother printer memory error. Let’s see how you can avoid getting the Brother printer memory message. You can change your printer Fax Storage Setting to avoid the Brother printer memory messages.
- When your Brother printer’s Fax Storage Setting is On, copies of faxes get stored in the memory whenever you receive faxes. It fills up the memory used by other functions such as Fax Forwarding, Fax Storage, Paging, and PC Fax Receive. If there is no requirement for the Fax Storage feature, you can also set it to Off. You can use the below steps to turn off the Fax Storage:
- Press the Brother printer’s menu button and select the Fax option.
- Choose the “Remote Fax Opt” option and then “Fwd/Page/Store” or “Forward/Store”.
- Now, use the up or the down arrow button to select the Off and then press the OK button.
- You will receive a message if you have faxes stored in the Brother printer’s memory. You will get a message on the printer to erase or print all faxes.
You can get memory error messages during any operation of your Brother printer, such as printing, copying, and faxing. You have to clear Brother printer memory message using the above steps.
Q1- Is it necessary to switch off the Fax Storage?
Ans– The copies of the received faxes get stored in the memory when you keep the Fax Storage On. You can switch off the Fax Storage when there is no need for features related to Fax and save the memory.
Q2- How much is the memory for the Brother printer?
Ans– The Brother printer usually comes with 32 MB of standard memory. 32 MB is enough until you print complex documents. You can insert an additional memory to increase the memory capacity up to 544 MB.
Q3- I have resolved the memory error message. Can it appear again?
Ans– Even after you resolve the memory error message, it may appear again. To resolve this problem, you must take a professional’s help by contacting the customer service center.