Why is my Brother printer error light flashing whenever I am trying to work on it? If this has been on your mind for a while, then don’t worry as you have reached the right place. There are multiple reasons why the light on your Brother printer has been flashing for a while. Without knowing exactly what is the reason behind this error, you will not be able to fix the problem all by yourself. So, this blog is going to help you fix the problem with ease and also going to explain to you why you might be facing the issue. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know and much more.
Lately, if your Brother printer’s error light has been flashing and it has been bugging your mind, then there are a couple of reasons why this problem is being caused:
- Due to a corrupt printer driver in your system.
- Internet connection is weak or slower than the average speed required.
- A BIOS issue is a common problem between the instructions passed between your computer and printer, which will most likely cause an error state. BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output system, in which the program being performed uses the computer’s microprocessor to start the computer system when it is turned on.
- The light flashing error can be caused by Malware or a Virus attack. Generally, whenever a virus or malware attacks your computer system, you will notice unusual behavior in your printer. For example, the printer will stop responding to your commands; it might start printing unauthorized print jobs, and it might start refusing to install any or all of the security updates.
- Many times, we unknowingly place the plugs or USB cables of the printer improperly, which can lead to multiple errors in the proper functioning of our printers.
The above reasons are some of the common reasons why your Brother printer error light flashing inconvenience is being faced by you. But we have got you covered; keep reading further to find out the best and the easiest troubleshooting methods.
Follow the methods given below and get rid of the issue quickly:
When you completely remove the jammed papers from your printer after following the easy steps mentioned here, your printer will automatically resume printing. If the error LED light on your Brother printer is flashing, then use the simple steps given below:
NOTE: This method will require you to open your printer’s body and remove certain specific assembly parts. In case you are using the troubleshooting method after you have recently worked on your printer. The internal parts can be very hot, so my suggestion would be to wait a while till your printer system completely cools down, and then you apply the below method.
- Unplug the power cord of your Brother printer from the wall outlet.
- Now open the front cover and slowly take out the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly. By doing so, the jammed paper will be pulled out along with the drum as well.
- After that, close the front cover but do not put back the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in.
- Then completely pull the paper tray out of the printer; if you find any paper stuck in it, pull that out too.
- Now open the back cover, which is the back output tray. From it, pull out the black ribbed tabs toward you to open the fuser cover. Here also pull out any paper you find.
- Now close the back cover or the back output tray.
- After that, push the green lock lever and take out the toner cartridge from the drum unit. From there, also remove any jammed paper.
- Put the toner cartridge back in the drum unit. And also, place the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back on the front cover of the printer. Push the paper tray back in the printer firmly.
- Lastly, close the front cover and plug your printer back into the wall socket. Wait for it to cycle, and you will see that the error flashing light is off now.
Sometimes the printer cannot print the full pages of a document, and the error light flashes due to a print overrun error or memory full error. To fix it, just follow the steps given below:
- First, press the “GO” button to print out the remaining data in the printer memory. If you want to delete the remaining data in the printer memory to cancel the print job, then press the “GO” button for four seconds until all the LEDs light up.
- Then, lower the print quality resolution in the printer settings, and the flashing light will turn off.
If the above methods still don’t solve your problem of error light flashing, and the problem still persists, then you can check out any of the below methods:
- Check Your Cables And Network
- This may sound simple, but wires and cables often tend to tangle up and cause inconvenience. So, make sure everything is put together but safely separated to avoid any issues while using your Brother printer.
- Restart Your Printer And Get Rid Of Brother Printer Error Light Flashing
- For this, just use the power button to shut down your Brother printer and unplug it from the wall outlet. Then put it back in after some time and restart your printer.
- Update The Printer Drivers
- You can go to the official website of Brother to download the latest version of the printer driver available for the model of your printer.
- Use The Windows Troubleshooting Tool
- You can stop the error light from flashing by using the Windows troubleshooting tool. First, click the start button and select the settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Update & Security.”
- Then select “Troubleshoot” and also select all the additional troubleshooters.
- Click on the printer icon and then select “Run the troubleshooter.”
After the troubleshooting is completed, restart your computer and printer again, and you will find that the error light has stopped flashing.