If you are facing any printing issues, you must understand how to clean Brother printer drum unit. When you do not do the cleaning regularly, you encounter some printer issues. You might have noticed lined prints or the smudged prints on your documents. It happens because of not cleaning the Brother printer drum unit regularly. The drum units are necessary to clean; else, you need to buy a new drum unit. This article will help you understand how to clean Brother printer drum unit and avoid printer issues.
Before starting with “how to clean Brother printer drum unit,” you must keep a few supplies, such as a Cotton swab or lint-free cloth, latex gloves, rubbing alcohol, and a soft brush.
Let’s know how to clean Brother printer drum unit with the help of a few simple steps. Ensure you follow each “how to clean Brother printer drum unit” step carefully to avoid damaging or creating printer problems.
The first step to begin the “how to clean Brother printer drum unit” process is to switch off the printer. You must turn the printer off, so you do not electrocute yourself. Ensure that you turn off the printer one hour before you start the “how to clean Brother printer drum unit” process using the below steps.
- Turn on the Brother printer and ensure that it is in Ready Mode.
- Press the Setting button of your printer and then choose the “All Settings” option.
- Afterward, go to the “Print Reports” option and select “Drum Dot Print.”
- Now, press the Yes button, and let the printer print the Drum Dot Check Sheet.
- Press the Home button and then turn off the printer by pressing and holding the Power button.
Once you switch off the printer and it cools down, you can start the second step of the “how to clean Brother printer drum unit.”
- Open the front cover of the printer. Pull out the cartridge and the drum unit assembly of the printer.
- Press the lock lever of the toner cartridge, lift it, and take it out of the printer’s drum unit. Keep the drum unit in such a way that its gear must be on the left side. Ensure that you place the drum unit in a clean horizontal place.
- Check the drum roller markers to search for the mark on the drum.
- Look for the mark at the drum surface by turning the edges of the drum unit towards you.
Ensure you avoid touching the drum unit surface while finding markers on the drum unit and following the “how to clean Brother printer drum unit” process. You can easily pull down the black lever and spin the printer’s drum unit gear. In this step of how to clean Brother printer drum unit “, once you turn the printer drum unit gear ultimately, bring the lever back to its current position.
The last step on “how to clean Brother printer drum unit” is to clean the drum unit. Once you take the drum unit out of the printer, it’s time to clean it with the help of a dry cotton swab.
- Take a dry cotton swab and clean the drum surface until the mark comes off.
- Keep the toner cartridge back in the printer’s drum unit correctly.
- Put the toner cartridge and the drum unit assembly back into the printer.
- Close the printer’s front cover and turn on the printer.
Finally, you have completed the “how to clean Brother printer drum unit.” Ensure you clean the Brother printer’s drum unit regularly and carefully to prevent Brother printer issues. If you face any issue with the printing, you can re-print and check whether the problem has been resolved once you complete the “how to clean Brother printer drum unit” process.
You must clean the drum unit of your Brother printer to ensure quality printing. If you receive any drum-related error message on your printer, you must clean the printer drum unit. You can understand the steps of “how to clean Brother printer drum unit” for better performance of the Brother printer. The stages of “how to clean Brother printer drum unit” above ensure better cleaning of the Brother printer.
Why should I clean the Brother printer drum unit?
You must clean the Brother printer’s drum unit to avoid printing issues. When you do not clean it, you may get lined or smudged prints on your documents.
Can I use a cloth instead of a cotton swab to clean the printer drum unit?
Yes, you can use cloth but make sure that it is soft, lint-free cloths. However, a dry cotton swab cleans each corner of the drum unit surface better than cloth. Also, ensure to wear gloves while cleaning the printer.
Why am I getting blurry prints on my document?
The document’s blurry prints can occur when you do not clean the printer drum unit. To resolve the issue of blurry images or avoid blurry prints, must clean the printer’s drum unit.