Brother is a renowned Japan-based printer manufacturer that makes excellent printers that offer amazing print quality and are ideal for both home and office. Brother printers are good in terms of features, and the print quality that these printers offer is outstanding. One of the most common issues on a Brother printer is the error code 3B. If you encounter the Brother printer error 3B on your printer, you can resolve it quickly with the steps shared below.
In case you face Brother printer error 3B, you must first know the causes of the error code on your printer. Take a quick look at the causes of the Brother printer error 3B.
- In case an ink cartridge is empty, the issue may occur on your printer.
- If the printer driver is either obsolete or missing, this issue is likely.
- Any issue with the printer network configuration may give rise to this problem.
- If the printer is unable to detect the cartridge, the Brother printer error 3B may come up.
- If the input tray has no sheets, the problem may occur.
A Brother printer user may come across the error code 3B anytime. If you are grappling with the same error code, you can follow the instructions stated below and quickly resolve the issue. Read the methods and put the Brother printer error 3B to an end.
If the cartridge is not compatible with your printer, the Brother printer error 3B may occur. We have mentioned the detailed procedure to fix the frustrating error code on your printer. Follow these simple and quick steps:
- Open the cover that encloses the cartridge.
- Take out the cartridge.
- Check for the pins and see if the pins are not damaged.
- If the cartridge is damaged, you can install a new cartridge.
- If the pins are covered with tape, peel off the tape wrapped on them.
- After removing the orange clips and tapes over the cartridge, reinstall them.
- Now, send a command to the printer to print documents.
If you are not sure of what is causing the Brother printer error 3B, you can run the printer troubleshooter and get rid of the same problem quickly. To learn how to run the printer troubleshooter, you can follow these steps.
- Open the settings page on your PC.
- Go to the Device option. Then, move towards the Printers and Scanners.
- Tap the Manage button.
- Run the troubleshooter on the printer page.
- Check what the issue is with your printer.
- After running the troubleshooter, you can restart your printing device and computer.
- That is how you can quickly fix Brother printer error 3B by running the troubleshooter.
If your Brother printer shows the error code 3B, you can follow the described procedure to eliminate the error. Below is the proper process. You can follow these steps.
- Connect your PC to a stable internet connection.
- On your PC, go to the official Brother support page.
- Type your Brother printer model number in the empty field shown on the page.
- After entering the printer model number, click the Search button.
- After that, you need to click the Downloads option.
- Choose your operating system under the Downloads dialog.
- After that, click the Printer Driver beneath the Drivers option.
- Click Agree and start downloading the printer driver.
- When the printer driver setup file is downloaded, you can install the setup file.
- After installing the printer driver, you can begin printing tasks.
In order to resolve the Brother printer error 3B, you can update the printer driver using a Device Manager. Follow the steps as stated below.
- Hit the Windows Key + R button on your keyboard.
- Clicking the Windows button + R button will open the Run dialog.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box and hit Enter button to open the Device Manager.
- Go to the Printers or Printer queues box.
- Right-click on the Brother and update the driver.
- After that, select the Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software option.
- Windows will now update the printer driver.
- Follow the instructions that you see on the screen.
In order to update the Brother printer driver, you can install a driver updater tool by downloading it on your PC. Once you install it, run a scan to search for the obsolete printer driver. If it shows the requirements for printer driver update, you can select the Update option for the process to take place automatically.
Go to the Device Manager. Select the Brother printer from the list of printing devices. Right-click the device and then click the Update driver or Update driver software option. Finally, click the Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the process.
A brother printer may come across the error code 3B due to an empty ink cartridge or driver issues. Install the compatible cartridges or update the printer driver to eliminate the error.